Aleppo soap is a centuries-old beauty secret that originated in the Syrian city of Aleppo. It is made from natural ingredients and has gained a worldwide reputation as a versatile and skin-friendly soap. In this article, we take a look at the pros and cons of Aleppo soap to find out why it is so appreciated in many cultural circles.
Advantages of Aleppo soap
- Natural ingredients: Aleppo soap consists mainly of olive oil and laurel oil. These natural ingredients are rich in nutrients and antioxidants that moisturise and protect the skin from harmful environmental factors.
- Gentle cleansing: Aleppo soap is known for its gentle and mild cleansing action. It effectively removes dirt and excess oil from the skin without drying or irritating it.
- Versatile use: This soap is not only suitable for facial cleansing, but also for the entire body. Some people even use it as a shampoo or shaving soap.
- Suitable for sensitive skin: Due to its natural ingredients, Aleppo soap is especially suitable for people with sensitive skin. It can reduce redness and irritation and soothe the skin.
Disadvantages of Aleppo soap
- Long maturing time: Aleppo soap needs a long maturing time, sometimes up to nine months, to reach its optimal quality. This can lead to a higher price.
- Scent: Some people do not like the characteristic scent of laurel oil found in Aleppo soap. This scent can be perceived as taking some getting used to.
- Storage: Since Aleppo soap contains natural ingredients and no chemical preservatives, it should be stored in a dry place to avoid melting and decay.
- Sensitivity to moisture: Due to its delicate nature, Aleppo soap can become soft and crumbly more quickly in humid environments.
Aleppo soap is undoubtedly an excellent choice for those who prefer natural and skin-friendly care products. Its advantages lie in its natural ingredients, gentle cleansing action and versatility. People with sensitive skin will appreciate the soothing properties of laurel oil. However, one should be aware that the long maturation period and the characteristic scent of laurel oil can pose some challenges. Nevertheless, Aleppo soap is a timeless beauty secret that has survived the centuries and continues to be considered a natural skincare option in many parts of the world.